2009 Restoration Trade Fair & Fundraiser Brings Together Restoration Specialists, Artisans, City Experts & Non-Profit Organizations
2009-06-07 · By Editor
The 2009 Restoration Trade Fair in Rose Park is a one-day, one-stop event to help Long Beach homeowners in Historic Districts restore and refurbish their homes.
The trade fair will have 50 specialty vendors, experts knowledgeable in the City of Long Beach’s historic guidelines, guest speakers, classes, and exhibits throughout the day.
This year’s theme is “Do it Yourself/Do it With Help”, which means: workshops, workshops, workshops! Also, this year, we’ll feature onsite food and more entertainment.
Some of the informative workshop topics include:
- Be Colorful when Planting with Water-Wise Plants
- Color Trends and use of Eco-friendly products when Painting your Home
- Kitchen Gardens
- Application Techniques when Painting your Home
- How to Research your Home’s History
- How to use Artisans and Appropriate Craftsmanship when Restoring your Home.
- How the Design Process Works
- Ask a General Contractor
- The 10 most Common Homeowner Insurance Mistakes
There will also be a blacksmithing demonstration throughout the day.
The event is a fundraiser for the Rose Park Neighborhood Association (RPNA, a 501c non-profit organization), with sponsorship by American Bungalow magazine, Barbara Paul Landscape Design, Benjamin Moore Paints, Cottages & Bungalows magazine, Realtors: Jeff Anderson, Maureen Wharton, Shannon Jones, as well as UPS (7th/Redondo). The event is Free to RPNA members and all children under 18; $5 for all others. Parking is free.