4th Street Celebrates Annual Holiday Open House “Mad Men” Style! December 17th 6-9 pm!
2010-12-14 · By Editor
4th Street is getting into the holiday spirit this year “Mad Men” style! The 36+ shops along 4th Street (from Junipero to Cherry) will be open until 9 pm on Friday, December 17th, offering swingin’ specials, stiff cocktails (and, yes, mocktails) and finger-snappin’ tunes for your browsing and buying pleasure!
Pour yourself into that swanky sheath dress, don that skinny tie, come casual or doll up 2010-style to shop for all your giftin’ needs for friends & family—and do it all supporting local, independent merchants. You’ll find new and vintage clothing, furniture and accessories as well as offerings in art. There are two wine bars, two coffee shops, restaurants and an interesting bookstore…all offering one-of-a-kind treasures.
Participating merchants include:
- 4th Street Vine (2142 E. 4th; www.4thstreetvine.com): Drink specials & music
- Artistic Edge (2105 E 4th; www.artisticedge.addr.com): Annual holiday sale featuring artwork, books, jewelry and other unique gifts; 5-8 pm
- Assistance League (2100 E. 4th; www.allb.org): Hugs and Hershey’s kisses… And open late!
- Atlantic Studio (2310 E. 4th; www.atlanticstudio.com): Complimentary quick hairstyles and makeup (appointments necessary), plus refreshments, giveaways and 20% off all retail!
- Blu Button (2112 E. 4th): Showcasing one-of-a-kind dresses and gowns by Davidesigned, a Beverly Hills label, plus screening ‘Its A Wonderful Life’ with festive tunes, spirits, appetizers and desserts!
- Elan (408 St. Louis Ave; www.elancollection.com): Featuring drinks (both alcoholic and non) and snacks, a musical duet, plus 20% off selected items
- Feed Store: Music, morsels & mocktails! Plus, holiday deals throughout the store!
- Lil Devils (2218 E 4th; www.facebook.comlildevilsboutique: Warm cider and supplies for kids to craft their own Letters to Santa!
- Moxi Roller Skates (2312 E. 4th; moxirollerskates.com): Photos with the Retro Roller’s Rolling Santa girls, plus lots of stuff for sale!
- Portfolio Coffeehouse (2300 E 4th; portfoliocoffeehouse.com): Buy one, get one Holiday drink FREE, plus DJ Salinger spins tunes from 6-9!
- Portfolio Annex (2023 E. 4th): Buy one, get one free on holiday drinks and small gelato!
- Salon Pop (2218 E. 4th; www.salonpopandbarbershop.com: From 11am-7pm, Salon Pop will offer retro up-dos with martini-themed hair
accessories. From 6-9pm, enjoy a “Pop-tini” (Salon Pop Martini; leaded and unleaded), plus music by DD Ranch. Gift-wrapped Bumble &
Bumble gift packages available for purchase at a discounted price.
- TREBOR/NEVETS (2116 E. 4th; www.trebornevets.com): Photos with Mrs. Santa, plus storewide sale!
- Vintage Collective (2122 E. 4th; www.thevintagecollective.com): Photos with Elvis Santa, plus seasonal specials throughout the store!
Stay tuned to www.4thstreetlongbeach.com for the most up-to-date schedule! And follow us on facebook for last-minute specials and happenings!
About 4th Street: 4th Street is Long Beach, CA’s Independent Shopping & Dining District! Featured in the New York Times, Los Angeles Magazine’s 2008 “Best of LA” Issue and Lucky and Sunset magazines, to name a few! The 4th Street District stretches from Junipero to Cherry Streets. Over 30 unique shops and restaurants to choose from, 4th Street is also home to the newly renovated and reopened Art Theatre. Stay on top of the latest news on Facebook or sign up for our newsletter online at www.4thstreetlongbeach.com.