Additional Trade Unions Support Vivian Williams Malauulu For Long Beach Community College District Board of Trustees
2016-02-22 · By Editor
Nine different Building & Construction Trades unions formally announced their endorsement and support Friday for Long Beach City College Professor Vivian Williams Malauulu’s campaign for the Long Beach Community College District Board of Trustees, Area 2 seat.
The nine different Building & Construction Trades unions included:
- Heat & Frost Insulators & Asbestos Workers, Local 5
- Iron Workers, Locals 416 & 433
- Roofers & Waterproofers, Local 36
- Sheet Metal, Air, Rail, Transportation Workers, Local 105
- Teamsters Joint Council 42
- United Association (UA) Plumbers, Local 78
- United Association (UA), Local 250
- United Association (UA) Sprinkler Fitters, Local 709
- Southern California Pipe Trades District Council 16
“Vivian Williams Malauulu understands the importance of a skilled and trained work force for our community,” said Mike Layton, Business Manager and Financial Secretary for Southern California Pipe Trades District Council 16. “We are excited to endorse her candidacy and believe she will do an excellent job on the Long Beach Community College District Board of Trustees.”
The nine new endorsements now bring the total number of labor organizations and locals who have endorsed Malauulu’s campaign to 29. She has also been endorsed by the Long Beach City College’s full and part-time faculty associations and classified staff, the Long Beach Firefighters Association, the International Longshore and Warehouse Union (ILWU), Long Beach City Councilman Rex Richardson, State Assembly Education Committee Chairman Patrick O’Donnell, State Senators Isadore Hall and Tony Mendoza, former State Senator Betty Karnette, and the Los Angeles County Democratic Party.