Catalyst Network of Communities Set to Showcase Their Collaborative Efforts
2011-03-02 · By Editor
Catalyst Network of Communities invites its entire network consisting of organizations, collaborative partners, community groups, friends, family, and those associated with projects and programs throughout the Network to its first-ever Assembly, Saturday, April 2, 2011 at The Expo. With this event, the 501c)3 non-profit organization hopes to build community camaraderie, facilitate connection, and showcase the impact that collaboration has on the city of Long Beach.
Eric Leocadio, founder, describes the Assembly as a unifying community experience that provides a tangible connection between individuals and organizations throughout our various relational networks while showcasing collaborative projects.
The Network is comprised of 5 collaborative communities that include over 40 partner organizations, along with 8 fiscally sponsored groups and several Catalyst-initiated projects.
Featured at the Assembly will include:
- Catalyst Space
- Dancing with Long Beach
- Green Long Beach! Collaborative
- HPSWAP Collaborative
- LBCreative! Collaborative
- Long Beach Theatre Arts Collaborative (LBTAC)
- Teen Empowerment Collaborative
- The HUB Community Bike Center
- Urban Rhythm
In this call to gather, Leocadio will share an inspiring message of common unity at the event, and extends his hand to all catalysts throughout the community to experience the Assembly.
“Our city is full of amazing organizations, outstanding volunteers, and generous contributors,” said Leocadio. “All of us are catalysts – agents of social change – dedicated to making our city an awesome place to live and visit. The Assembly is all about showcasing the impact that we can have when we engage each other in creative collaboration.”
Catalyst is set to announce several new programs at the Assembly designed to provide improved infrastructure for collaboration:
- Catalyst Emerging Leaders Network and a broader citywide Leadership Collaborative
- Catalyst Talent Corps and Catalyst Talent Services
- Collaborative Funding Toolkit
- Collaborative Partners
- Connections Concierges and Project Concierges
Sticking to their inclusive nature, Catalyst invites “everyone to bring everyone,” and offers
various ways of participating in the Assembly:
- Apply to showcase a collaborative project involving two or more organizations
- Become a Collaborative Partner
- Bring items for the community swap
- Donate prom dresses or accessories for the Prom Drive
- Bring items for the HOPE Chest Drive
- Join the Assembly volunteer team to help at the event
- Invite friends, family and networks to promote the Assembly
- RSVP on Facebook and share the event on your wall
The Catalyst Network of Communities Assembly is Saturday, April 2, 2011 from 3pm – 6pm at The Expo, located at 4321 Atlantic Avenue, Long Beach, CA 90807.
More information and details including a link to the Facebook event may be found on The Catalyst website.
About Catalyst Network of Communities
Incorporated in 2006, Catalyst Network of Communities is a grassroots 501(c)3 non-profit organization in Long Beach, CA that empowers people to connect around shared interests and to work in collaboration to affect their neighborhoods. Catalyst operates with a vision to see our city inspired with a greater sense of community, collaboration, and citizenship through meaningful relationships. Catalyst Network of Communities is comprised of five collaborative communities that include over 40 collaborative partners, eight fiscally sponsored community groups, six community projects and hundreds of connected supporters. Learn more at www.gocatalyst.org