Community forums seek insight on clean energy workforce proposals
2009-08-19 · By Editor
The California Energy Commission (Energy Commission), the California Workforce Investment Board (State Board), and the Employment Development Department (EDD), in coordination with the California Labor and Workforce Development Agency, has announced the availability of approximately $23 million for the California Clean Energy Workforce Training Program (CEWTP) through a Solicitation for Proposals (SFP).
Long Beach City College and the Pacific Gateway Workforce Investment Board will be submitting three proposals for following three categories:
- Category 1A: Green Building Retraining
- Category 2A: Green Building Pre-Apprenticeship Training
- Category 3: Alternative & Renewable Fuel and Vehicle Technology Program
An integral part of this initiative is to reach out to the local community and encourage involvement and participation. Long Beach City College will be conducting three community forums to link with potential partners, disseminate SFP general information and conduct a community survey.
- Category 3: Wednesday August 19th, 2009; 6:00p.m.-7:00p.m.
- Category 1A: Thursday August 20th, 2009; 6:00p.m.-7:00p.m.
- Category 2A: Thursday August 20th, 2009; 7:00p.m.-8:00p.m.
Sessions are open to the public, and individuals can attend all three.
Forums will be conducted at the following location: Center for Working Families, 1900 Atlantic Ave., 2nd Floor, Long Beach, CA 90806. For more information, click here: WDSFP CA Clean Energy Training SFP.