Councilwoman Schipske Invites Residents to Join Her on the 5th District “Know Your Neighborhood by Bike” Tour, June 8
2013-05-29 · By Editor
The Fifth District Council Office hopes you’ll mark your calendars to join Councilwoman Schipske on Saturday June 8, 2013 from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm for an easy, short, informative, and fun tour of District 5 by bike!
The purpose of this tour is to:
- Enjoy our beautiful district by bike on an easy, safe, short ride.
- Receive basic bike safety information from Bike Long Beach’s “Share Our Streets” road safety campaign.
- Learn “hands on” safety tips from the upcoming “Street Savvy” adult bicycle education classes.
- Learn how easily a bike can help you achieve your fitness and money saving goals.
- Learn how easy it can be for your children to ride their bikes to school.
- Learn about new bicycle infrastructure coming to the 5th District.
- Meet other district residents passionate about making it a safer and more fun environment for all modes of transportation.
There are limited spaces available for this tour – only 25. Children may attend the ride but they must wear a helmet and be accompanied by an adult.
Please contact Rebecca in the Office of Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske with any questions at (562) 570-6932.
For those who do not have bikes we will have 10 available to borrow for free from Bikestation courtesy of Bike Long Beach (please reserve with your place on the tour).
Please note the bikes need to be picked up prior to the ride and returned right after at Bikestation. Bikestation is located in downtown Long Beach at 110 West Ocean Blvd. Please contact Rebecca for more information.
The meeting location for the tour will be sent to you after you’ve confirmed your RSVP! If you’ll be joining us on the tour please remember
- Your bike helmet, especially if you are a new or infrequent rider.
- Water, a sunscreen and to dress for the weather!
- Make sure to have your bike in good repair!
- Please note the tour may be rescheduled if we run into weather challenges.