“Dead Man’s After-Party” Concert Showcases Johnny Vatos’ Tribute to Halloween
2011-10-26 · By Editor
Tickets are still available for the Zombie Walk after-party after-party featuring Johnny Vatos “Tribute to Halloween”! Playing the hits that were part of the kinetic Halloween concerts attended by fans year after year, Vatos & band said their farewells at their last performance in 1995… until now! Back and better than ever—and perpetuating their musical legacy—expect to witness a barn-burning performance loaded with Boingo classics including “Dead Man’s Party,” “Weird Science,” “Cinderella Undercover” and “Out of Control.”
Former Boingo members include: saxophonist Sam “Sluggo” Phipps, singer-keyboardist Carl Graves, and keyboardist Doug Lacy. Singer Chris Paul Overall, aka CPO, has been with Vatos for a couple years and brings a new vibe to Boingo’s music.
Doors open at 8pm at the Historic Press Telegram building, between 6th and 7th on Pine Ave. The event is an all-ages outdoor General Admission event, featuring additional entertainment prior to the band’s performance:
- Sexiest Zombie Contest w/celebrity judge Rena Riffel (“Showgirls” & “Mulholland Drive”)!
- Spooky Visuals and Tunes by Trailer Trasher!
- Sirena Serpentina LBC’s own Tribal Fire belly dancers! (www.facebook.com/SSSirena.Serpentina)
- 21+ Beer Garden presented by Shannon’s on Pine
- Food trucks: Kut-n-Sow (www.facebook.com/kutnsow); Jogasaki Burrito (jogasakiburrito.com); Global Soul (www.facebook.com/globalsoulstreeteats); SlapFish (roaminghunger.com/slapfish-truck)
TICKETS: Available pre-show at $15. Tickets are limited so buy them early! Planning on going to Long Beach Comic-Con? Buy a Dead Man’s After-Party/Long Beach Comic-Con package and save $5! Available online at: http://zombiewalklb.com/tickets/
There are very limited number of tickets that will be available the day of the event for $20. To purchase tickets the day of the event, go to the Dead Man’s After-Party Ticket Booth on The Promenade between 1st Street and Ocean.