Department of Health and Human Services Offers Free Flu Shots on November 17
2010-11-09 · By Editor
Protect yourself and your family from the flu this year. Get your FREE flu shot on November 17, 2010 at Silverado Park. The seasonal flu vaccine protects against three influenza viruses, including 2009 Pandemic H1N1. This free flu clinic is sponsored by the City of Long Beach Department of Health and Human Services.
Who Should Get Vaccinated? Everyone over 6 months old should the flu vaccine each year. It is especially important for people who are at risk for severe illness from flu, and those who might pass it to others who are at risk for severe illness from the flu. This includes:
- Children between 6 months and 5 years old (especially children younger than 2)
- Adults over 65
- Pregnant women
- People with chronic medical conditions such as diabetes, asthma, heart disease, cancer, and HIV
- People who live in nursing homes and health care workers
- Those who live with or care for children less than 6 months of age should also get the vaccine.
- Certain people should talk with a doctor before getting a flu shot. This includes people who have had a severe allergic reaction to eggs or to a previous flu and people who have had Guillain-Barre
Get your FREE flu shot on November 17, 2010 from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Silverado Park 1545 W. 31st, 90810.