Dispose of Household Hazardous Waste and E-Waste Saturday
2012-10-05 · By Editor
On Saturday, October 6, 2012 residents have the opportunity to dispose of Household Hazardous Waste and E-Waste the right way at Long Beach Veteran’s Stadium.
Business waste will not be accepted.
What you CAN bring:
- brake fluid,
- paint thinner,
- cleaners with acid or lye,
- pesticides or herbicides,
- household batteries and car batteries,
- pool chemicals,
- motor oil,
- oil filters,
- expired pharmaceuticals,
- and fluoesent light bulbs.
House hold electronic waste which includes:
- Computer monitors,
- computer CPUs,
- keyboards, printers,
- cellular phones, etc.
- What you CAN’T bring to the event:
- Hazardous waste and electronic waste from businesses.
- Explosives, ammunition and radioactive materials.
- Trash and tires.
- White goods such as refrigerators, stoves and washing machines, etc.
- Controlled substances.
How to prepare items for transportation:
- Bring the items in a sturdy box, preferably in their original labeled containers.
- Do not mix the items together.
- There is a limit of 15 gallons or 125 pounds of hazardous waste per trip.
- Be prepared to leave your containers and boxes. Remove all other items from your trunk.
The Dispose of Household Hazardous Waste and E-Waste event is Saturday, October 6, 2012 from 9:00am-3:00pm at Long Beach Veteran’s Stadium (Clark Ave. & Conant St.).
For a complete listing of what you can and cannot bring or information contact: 1(800) CLEAN-LA, www.CleanLA.com.