DLBA announces 2009-10 board members, executive committee members
2009-10-14 · By Editor
The Downtown Long Beach Associates (DLBA) finalized its 2009-10 Board of Directors and Executive Committee representing the Downtown commercial property and business improvement districts announced Kraig Kojian, DLBA President and CEO.
The process that began with outreach to the Downtown business community in May concluded with ratification of new Directors by the Downtown’s business and commercial property owners in September.
The following is the 2009-10 DLBA Board of Directors:
Downtown Business Representatives:
- Richard Lewis (Hotel d’Artistes, LLC), East Village Arts District (one year remaining on term)
- Michelle Manire (CTC Destination & Meeting Management), West Gateway (one year remaining on term)
- Linda Guthmann-Krieger, (Krieger & Krieger Law), Pine area (new member serving a two year term)
- Hilda Sanchez (Minuteman Press), North Pine (one year remaining on term)
- John Sangmeister (Gladstone’s), Waterfront (re-elected with two years remaining on term)
- Downtown Commercial Property Representatives:
- Jim Anderson, (Anderson Pacific, LLC), Standard area (three years remaining on term)
- Phil Appleby (Appleby Real Estate Brokerage), Standard area (re-elected with two years remaining on term)
- Greg Gill (Owner of property at Long Beach Boulevard & 3rd Street), Premium area (one year remaining on term)
- Cory Kristoff, (representing the SWIG Company and Arco Center), Basic area (re-elected with two years remaining on term)
- Janet Moore (Distant Horizons), Standard area (one year remaining on term)
- Jane Netherton (on behalf of 249 East Ocean), Standard area (one year remaining on term)
- Mark Schneider (Dave Schneider Fine Jewelers), Premium area (re-elected two years remaining on term)
- Tony Shooshani, Shooshani Developers (CityPlace Shopping Center), Premium area (one year remaining on term)
City of Long Beach: Craig Beck, Director of Development Services, City of Long Beach
Redevelopment Agency Board: John Thomas, Member (one year remaining on term)
Downtown Residential Council: Neysa Colizzi, (one year remaining on term)
- Syndi Croad, Moondance Catering, (re-appointed with two years remaining on term)
- Rose Barrantes, DDR/The Pike at Rainbow Harbor (one year remaining on term)
- One At-Large Board seat remains vacant and will be filled by the Directors at its November Board meeting.
At its Annual Directors meeting held on October 1, the Board voted John Sangmeister as Chair-Elect for a period of one year to be followed by a two year term as Chairperson.. The Board also elected Directors Richard Lewis, Tony Shooshani and Phil Appleby as members of the Executive Committee.
The following Directors will serve on the 2009-10 DLBA Executive Committee:
- Jim Anderson, Chair
- John Sangmeister, Chair-Elect
- Jane Netherton, Past Chair
- Phil Appleby, Treasurer
- Tony Shooshani Secretary
- Craig Beck
- Richard Lewis
The Board of Directors conducts regular meetings on a bimonthly basis, six times annually beginning in November. The Executive Committee meets on a monthly basis twelve times annually. In compliance with the Brown Act, DLBA meetings are always open to members of the public who wish to attend.
For more information, please contact the DLBA office at (562) 436-4259 or visit the website at www.downtownlongbeach.org.