Employment Expo will connect job seekers with Long Beach career services
2009-11-12 · By Editor
The City of Long Beach and the Pacific Gateway Workforce Investment Network are hosting an Employment Expo! on Saturday, November 14, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm, at Cesar E. Chavez Park, 401 Golden Avenue, Long Beach 90802.
“We put this event together at Chavez Park because we know it is a tough time for many people in Long Beach. This event will be a great way to connect with career services as well as learn about new educational opportunities,” said First District Councilman Robert Garcia.
Adults who would like to go back to school or finish their diploma, earn specific occupational skills training and certifications, or get help starting a new career will want to attend this Expo. Young adults, ages 14-24, who would like work experience, want to learn how to find employment opportunities or find out more about leadership development and mentoring will also find this Expo helpful.
“I encourage everyone to bring the required documents with them so that they can access these free employment and training services immediately,” said Bryan Rogers, the Network’s Executive Director.
Attendees should bring any combination of the following documents with them to register at the Expo:
- State ID/Driver License AND Social Security Card; or
- School ID Card (with birth date) AND Social Security Card; or
- School ID Card (without birth date) AND Social Security Card AND birth certificate; or
- U.S. Passport AND any proof of social security number (Social Security Card, school printout)
- If applicable, attendees should bring an unexpired Permanent Resident Card (Green Card).
- Males born on or after January 1,1960, must be registered with the Selective Service.
For more information about Network’s no-and low-cost job seeker and employer services call: 562.570.WORK, Toll Free 800.292.7200, TTY 562.570.4629 or visit http://www.pacificgatewayworkforce.com/