Fall Age 50+ Classes with City of Long Beach Parks, Recreation and Marine
2010-09-20 · By Editor
Taking classes with Parks, Recreation and Marine is a great way to stay active and social for individuals ages 50 and up. Meet people who share your interests enjoying your favorite activities or learning to do something new. Be sure to check out our new classes, Zumba Gold and Movement & Yoga!
Zumba Gold is a fun, Latin inspired fitness program that includes merengue, salsa, cha cha, cumbia, belly dance, flamenco, tango, and rock & roll, creating a safe and effective workout for the mind, body, and soul. Classes are only $3 each, every Friday at El Dorado West from 8:45 to 9:45am.
Movement & Yoga is specifically designed for seniors. Improving your stretching, breathing, flexibility, balance, and strength with an experienced 20+ year certified Yoga instructor will improve your general wellbeing and ailments such as stiffness or arthritis. Instructor Silvana will be leading this class at the Long Beach Senior Center every Wednesday from 8 to 9am, only $4 per class.
Classes are also available in a wide variety of subjects including Enrichment, Dance, Music, and Fitness. Most class fees are payable per person per individual class.
Five easy ways to register:
- Touch-Tone: Call (562) 570-3111 to get your password and be set up for this convenient registration service.
- On-line – Rec-Connect: Call (562) 570-3111 and get your password and be set up to register on line. It’s fast and easy!
- Mail-In: to City of Long Beach, P.O. Box 15827, Long Beach, CA 90815.
- Fax-In: to (562) 570-3113.
- Walk-In: Register at El Dorado Park Administration Building, 2760 Studebaker Road, Long Beach, CA 90815. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information, call (562) 570-3111.
For information on other Long Beach Department of Parks, Recreation and Marine programs, call (562) 570-3100 or visit Long Beach Parks website, sign up for E-notify and we’ll e-mail you the latest information!