Fall Teen Classes with City of Long Beach Parks, Recreation and Marine
2010-09-13 · By Editor
Parks, Recreation and Marine is offering classes this fall for your teen to stay active and involved with the new school year. Join us for our brand new female defense course, Fight like a Girl, or get your teen one step closer to their license with Driver’s Education.
Fight like a Girl is designed specifically for girls ages 12-17. The class gives teens the skills they need to keep themselves safe. Teens are uniquely vulnerable to assault – it’s estimated that over a third of all assaults occur before the age of 18. Our teen program is a 9 week class that helps teens to set protective boundaries and teaches them the fundamentals of effectively fighting back. The class is taught by Britto, $50, and takes place Saturdays from 10:30-11:30am, September 11 to November 6.
Driver’s Education is a California-required course for teens to receive a driver’s license. It is the first step that must be taken to receive a driver’s permit. Course includes parental involvement, and is fun, interactive, and educational. Coursework can be completed at any time of day or night, and you may choose from an online or home study course. DMV-accepted completion certificates issued upon successful completion of the course. Class does not include behind-the-wheel driving. Instructor: All Good Education Corp. Classes will take place online on Fridays September 10, October 2, and November 6.
Five easy ways to register:
- Touch-Tone: Call (562) 570-3111 to get your password and be set up for this convenient registration service.
- On-line – Rec-Connect: Call (562) 570-3111 and get your password and be set up to register on line. It’s fast and easy!
- Mail-In: to City of Long Beach, P.O. Box 15827, Long Beach, CA 90815.
- Fax-In: to (562) 570-3113.
- Walk-In: Register at El Dorado Park Administration Building, 2760 Studebaker Road, Long Beach, CA 90815. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information, call (562) 570-3111.
For information on other Long Beach Department of Parks, Recreation and Marine programs, call (562) 570-3100 or visit the Parks, Recreation and Marine website, sign up for E-notify and we’ll e-mail you the latest information!