Fourth Supervisorial District Arts Groups Receive LACAC Grants
2010-07-20 · By Editor
Supervisor Don Knabe has announced The Los Angeles County Arts Commission has awarded two-year grants to 24 arts organizations that focus on cultural services for residents of the Fourth Supervisorial District. The Organizational Grant Program (OGP) grants were awarded competitively, reviewed and scored by panels, and approved by the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors.
The grants for the Fourth District are part of awards totaling $4,118,000 to 166 nonprofit arts organizations for fiscal years 2010-11 and 2011-12. An estimated 10 million people will be served by the organizations receiving grants.
Additionally, 20 organizations delivering services in the Fourth District will also receive grant funds in 2010-11 through two-year awards made last year.
Grant recipients providing most of their services to the Fourth District are listed below.
Organizational Grant Program I/Small Budget Organizations
- Camerata Singers of Long Beach (Long Beach)
- Concert Singers (Long Beach)
- Garage Theatre (Long Beach)
- Golden State Pops Orchestra/Friends of the GSPO (San Pedro)
- Harry Bridges Project (Los Angeles)
- Helios Dance Theater (Pacific Pallisades)
- Interact Theatre Company (North Hollywood)
- Rhapsody In Taps Incorporated (Long Beach)
- Second City Council (Long Beach)
- South Coast Chorale Inc. (Long Beach)
- Zhena Folk Chorus (San Pedro)
- A Window Between Worlds (Venice)
- Enrichment Works (Valley Glen)
- Grand Vision (San Pedro)
- Los Angeles Dream Shapers (Inglewood)
- Masters of Harmony (Santa Fe Springs)
- Pacific Crest Youth Arts Organization (Diamond Bar)
- Taiko Project (Long Beach)
- Harmony Project (Los Angeles)
- Arts & Services for Disabled, Inc. (Long Beach)
- Long Beach Museum of Art Foundation (Long Beach)
- Museum of Latin American Art (Long Beach)
- Norris Center for the Performing Arts (Rolling Hills Estates)
- Palos Verdes Art Center (Rancho Palos Verdes)