Fourth of July Celebrations in Long Beach
2009-06-30 · By Editor
Personal fireworks are illegal in Long Beach, but that doesn’t mean you have to forgo a fantastic Independence Day display. There a several locations where fireworks can be seen in Long Beach.
Veteran’s Stadium Fireworks Show
The Long Beach Fire Department’s Memorial Association will hold their 51st Annual 4th of July Fireworks Show at the Long Beach Veteran’s Stadium, located at 5000 Lew Davis (Clark/Conant). Gates open at 5:00 p.m.
Entertainment: The Long Beach Police K-9 and Helicopter Demonstration, Live band: “Assisted Living” and the Long Beach Fire Department Clowns.
Tickets are on sale now through July 4th at Fire Station 19, 3559 Clark Avenue from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Tickets will also be sold at Veteran’s Stadium after 4:30 pm on July 4th.
Ticket prices are: Adults $10, Children (5-11) $7, Seniors (65+) $7. Parking is $5. No ice chests or coolers allowed.
Queen Mary July 4 Celebration & Fireworks
Celebrate independence day in style, come early and spend the day touring, dining and shopping on the Queen Mary. The night’s festivities include:
- Street performers including singers, dancers, mimes, and magicians will roam the ship
- Karaoke and DJ Dance Party in the historic Art Deco styled Observation Bar
- Nightclub with DJs and Live Performances in the Queen’s Salon
- Unique Outdoor Nightclub with DJs and Live Performances on the Sun Deck
- Radio stations 102.7 KIIS FM & 98.7 FM will be broadcasting live
- FIREWORKS–One of the largest shows in California starts promptly at 9:00 p.m. with incredible views from the Sun Deck
- VIP Only Access (Ages 21+): 4-level pool party and VIP daybed lounge on the stern of the ship which will include an Open Bar from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., and a Dinner Buffet from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Feast and Fireworks at the Long Beach Aquarium
Enjoy this Fourth of July with a BBQ feast, fireworks, and fish at the Aquarium of the Pacific in downtown Long Beach.
Families will be able to witness the ambiance of the Aquarium at night, the new Shark Summer experience, and get a fish-eye view of fireworks. Guests can purchase a combo ticket for a buffet-BBQ featuring home-style entrees hot off the grill and decadent desserts as they celebrate this special night in a safe and fun family atmosphere.
The feast and fireworks show takes place Saturday, July 4, 2009 from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. (picnic buffet served 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.)
Long Beach Armada Fireworks Night on July 3
Join the Long Beach Armada on Friday, July 3 for a post-game fireworks show, and celebrate Independence Day early. The gates open at 5:35pm, as the game against the Yuma Scorpions has been moved up an hour to accommodate the post-game fireworks show. Come watch the Armada light up the sky after the game against the Scorpions at Blair Field. First pitch at 6:35pm.