Good Neighbor Festival Chalk Art Contest
2009-09-26 · By Editor
On Saturday, September 26, Long Beach residents of all ages are invited to participate in the Good Neighbor Festival Sidewalk Chalk Art Contest — Chalk It Up!
The Sidewalk Chalk Art Contest is one of the many exciting activities at the 3rd Annual Good Neighbor Festival hosted by 5th District Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske. The Good Neighbor Festival will run from 10 am til 3 pm at Good Neighbor Park – 2800 Studebaker Road.
People who would like to participate in this fun, artistic event must call the Office of Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske at (562) 570-6932 by September 24th to register. Registration for the contest and attendance to the festival are free. Prizes will be awarded in three age categories: Kids (7-12); Youth (13-17); and Adults (18 and older).
Sidewalk Chalk Art Contest Rules
- Artists can begin working on the thier panel at 10:00 am and must be complete by 2:00 pm. There can only be one lead artist, but any number of supporting artists per space.
- Artists must stay within the general parameters of the theme: Good Neighbors, Strong Community.
- Art must be family-friendly.
- No nude or lewd artwork.
- No stenciling.
- Only solid, non-toxic chalk pastels can be used.
- Participants will compete in one of three age categories: Kids (7-12); Youth (13-17); and Adults (18 and older).
- Judging is based on creativity, originality, skill and use of color.
- Decisions of the judges and organizers are final.
- Digital photos may be taken and used for publicity purposes.
- Organizers have the right to disqualify and/or remove any inappropriate art or writings, as they may deem necessary.
- No political or commercial advertising statements.
- Participants are required to sign a liability waiver, prior to beginning to draw.
For more information, contact the Office of Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske by calling 562-570-6932.