Halloween Safety Tips for LB families
2009-10-31 · By Editor
Halloween can be great fun for both children and adults alike. The Long Beach Police Department would like to encourage residents to practice the following safety tips and exercise common sense, which can help ensure a night filled with much fun and excitement!
- Be sure your child’s activities are age-appropriate
- All children should be accompanied by an adult
- Only visit homes that are well lighted and never go into a stranger’s house
- Stay on the sidewalk and only cross at corners
- Stay in well populated areas and never cut through alleys or parks
- Apply reflective tape to your child’s costume or use glow sticks for better visibility
- Use face paint rather than masks that may block your child’s vision
- Map out your route ahead of time and carry a flash light with you
- Ensure tips of any props (pitch fork, sword, etc.) your child is carrying are smooth
- Be cautious of animals
- Inspect your child’s candy before allowing them to eat it
Program the Long Beach Police Department’s Communication Center’s phone number, (562) 435-6711, into your cell phone and report any suspicious or illegal activity immediately
Reminder: The curfew law in the City of Long Beach prohibits anyone 17-years or younger from being out past 10:00 p.m. without a parent/guardian, unless going to or returning home from work or an organized event supervised by an adult, without any detour or stop.