HireLB.com will connect Long Beach employers with local job seekers
2010-07-16 · By Editor
There are many job search engines and online resources in today’s world. The Pacific Gateway Workforce Investment Network’s newly upgraded HireLB.com portal combines technology with “real people” resources, assisting Long Beach businesses and job seekers during these tough economic times.
“The Council and I are very aware of the difficulties facing job seekers and employers in this tight economy, and we are pleased that our Workforce Investment Network, through improved technolo and gy, is moving quickly to assist both businesses and job seekers. I am very excited to announce the launch of HireLB.com encourage all Long Beach business owners and job seekers to use it,” said Mayor Bob Foster.
The website provides both job seekers and businesses with a variety of easy-access options. With one click, job seekers can pull job listings from more than 50 regional & national job listing boards—including Monster.com, CareerBuilder.com, and HotJobs.com. And, the collective resources of the Network’s career counseling and skills development assistance are available at the same site.
Long Beach employers can simply go to www.HireLB.com and review resumes or skill listings without even posting a job order. They can also do labor market research and connect with the Network’s Business Solutions Team.
“I am proud of this project and the joint efforts between the City of Long Beach and the Pacific Gateway Workforce Investment Network. This website will help thousands of Long Beach residents and businesses, and brings our city one step closer to becoming a leader in technology,” said First District Councilmember Robert Garcia, who along with Councilmember Gary Delong, Third District; Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske, Fifth District; and Councilmember Dee Andrews, Sixth District, co-sponsored a request to advance such technology on April 6, 2010.
“Business solutions technology doesn’t need to be impersonal,” said Bryan Rogers, Executive Director, Pacific Gateway Workforce Investment Network. ”Our approach is designed to be user friendly, because we know that everyone needs that personal touch every now and then. Job seekers who need to learn how to write a specialized resume before they post it on our web can contact our program specialists at the Career Transition Center. Businesses that would like assistance in recruiting, reviewing resumes and setting up interviews can call on our Business Solutions Team. We are pleased that we can bring the best of both worlds to Long Beach residents and businesses.”
Specific tools available at HireLB.com include:
Job Board Benefits for Job Seekers
- Easy to navigate site that allows you to post your comprehensive work and skills history
- Screening mechanisms that allow you to find most relevant open positions quickly
- Priority access to information about industry opportunities and labor market trends
- Priority access to Network-only job recruitment notices
- Ability to manage employers’ access to your resume
- Receive automatic notifications of open jobs that match your skills
- Enhance your skills and learn how your skills tie to different occupations
- Entrée to complement of services and information available through our One-Stop Career Center
Job Board Benefits for Employers
- Easy to navigate site that allows you to post a job online – quickly
- Screening mechanisms that allow you to find most qualified candidates quickly
- Review candidates — by resume review, skills listing or both — online
- Avoid receiving hundreds of resumes — you don’t need to post a job order. You can still review resumes & skills for candidates that match your qualifications.
- Access to hiring tax credits and other incentives
- Help the local economy by employing area residents — easy to find
- And always — the ability to easily connect with the Network’s Business Services Team to customize recruitments to your specific needs or for special assistance.