Hiring event to fill trucking positions for class A drivers
2009-12-09 · By Editor
The Pacific Gateway Workforce Investment Network’s Harbor WorkSource Center is conducting a hiring event for current openings for CLASS A DRIVERS positions with CRST, one of the largest trucking companies in the United States.
Job offers will be made at the recruitment, which will be held on Monday, December 14, 2009 at 10:00 a.m. at the Harbor WorkSource Center, 1851 N. Gaffey St., Ste. F, San Pedro, CA 90731.
CRST also offers company-sponsored, tuition-free, Class A training programs with new classes beginning every week.
The Pacific Gateway Workforce Investment Network, administered by the City of Long Beach, offers no-cost employment and training services to both businesses and job seekers.
To participate in this hiring event, call the Harbor WorkSource Center at 310.732.5700 or visit any of the Network’s One-Stop Centers. Visit www.PacificGatewayWorkforce.com for locations. Registration with the Pacific Gateway Workforce Investment Network is required prior to attending the event.
Salary is $350 -$990 per week, depending on experience, with immediate medical coverage and a 401k-retirement plan after 90 days. According to CRST, it is the only trucking company with a “20 days on, 10 days off” program.
To save time, individuals may pre-register for the recruitment at the Career Transition Center, 3447 Atlantic Ave. or the Center for Working Families, 1900 Atlantic Ave., Long Beach. Registration will also be available at the recruitment. To register the day of the recruitment, please arrive one hour earlier, at 9:00 am.
Required job qualifications include:
- Must be 21 years old and pass a DMV/D.O.T. physical and drug screen
- Must have been licensed in the United States for at least two years out of the last three years
- Must have no misdemeanor convictions for possession of a controlled substance in the last 10 years
- Must have no DUI, DWI, or open container violations in the last five years
- Must have no misdemeanor convictions involving crimes of moral turpitude in the last three years
- Must have no felony convictions in the last 10 years
Bring the following information to register:
- State ID / Driver’s License AND Social Security Card
- OR School ID Card (with birth date) AND Social Security Card
- OR School ID Card (without birth date) AND Social Security Card AND birth certificate
- OR U.S. Passport AND any proof of Social Security Number (Social Security card, school printout).
- If applicable, bring unexpired Permanent Resident Card (Green Card).
Males born on or after January 1, 1960, must be registered with the Selective Service. For information, call 847.688.3117 or visit www.sss.gov.
The Pacific Gateway Workforce Investment Network Is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary aids and services available upon request to individuals with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call 562.570.3738 or TTY 562.570.4629, at least 72 hours prior to event. For more information about Network services or directions call: 562.570.WORK, Toll Free 800.292.7200, TTY 562.570.4629 or visit www.pacificgatewayworkforce.com.