3rd Annual Inspiration Vintage, Fashion, Art & Kulture Show Kicks Off With Preview Party
2012-02-01 · By Editor
Art, fashion, culture and vintage enthusiasts from around the globe will gather again at So-Cal’s premiere historic art deco destination, The Queen Mary, for the Inspiration 2012 Vintage, Fashion, Art & Kulture show, Friday-Saturday, February 10-11th, 2012. But the weekend’s fun will kick off a day early on the evening of Thursday, February 9th with an open-to-the-public preview party from 6-9pm at inretrospect [2122 E. 4th Street] in the heart of Long Beach’s 4th Street/“Retro Row” indie shopping district.
Replete with drinks and catering by local nouvelle-Vietnamese restaurant, Number Nine, get your groove on courtesy of DJ Dennis Owens, who’ll be spinning retro tunes and R&B classics. PLUS: ‘Meet & Greet’ with promoter Rin Tanaka and the curators of his recent books—Larry Heller (“King of Vintage Vol. 1 & 3”), and Kathleen Schaaf (“Queen of Vintage Vol. 2”). This is a great opportunity to purchase copies of these sought-after volumes—including Tanaka’s “My Freedamn” collectible series—and to get books autographed.
- Exhibitor spaces SOLD OUT! This year, 100 international vendors and exhibitors will offer unique and one-of-a-kind merchandise on exhibit and for sale—including American vintage apparel manufactured from the 1900s-1980s, vintage-inspired-to-contemporary fashions and accessories from boutique and corporate American and Japanese companies, surf and skate exhibitors, plus artists and artisans.
- Artist/Exhibitors: More vintage exhibitors are booked for Inspiration 2012 including Mr. Uchida of Jantique, OC Artist Brian Bent, featured in Tanaka’s “My Freedamn Vol. 3” book, will appear with his new art, “Master and Commander”, and Motorcycle artist, Jeff Deck!
- Hot Rod Party: “World Smallest but Koolest” hot rod party with “DUCE-TIME” Fords in 1920s-1930s will be in the Green Glass Parking area on Saturday
- Official Limited Edition Event T-Shirt: Our new design, created by artist Tyler Warren, is printing now! Only 100 limited-edition shirts (black) will be available for sale at the show
- New Stickers: Oval Inspiration 2012 stickers are new and available at the show
Exhibitor highlights: A some of the many exhibitor highlights include: Levi’s® XX (the Levi Strauss indie imprint based in Amsterdam), Langlitz Leathers (Portland OR-based manufacturer of leather motorcycle garments since 1947), Dehen 1920 (Portland OR), Scout (LA, CA), Frecklebugvintage Ventura, CA), Pike Bros (Germany; high quality vintage army and work wear from the 1930s-50s), The Real McCoys (Japan; denimware), Little Reata (Tokyo), Scarti-Lab (Italy), Strongarm (NYC), Robert Warner Leather (Hollywood), Agusta Guitars, and Vintage Productions (Huntington Beach), Clutch Magazine, and artist/shaper and surfer Tyler Warren, to name a mere few. Plus, Japanese custom motorcycle builder, Mr. Shinya Kimura (Chabott Engineering) will be on-hand with three of his new vintage customized bikes (1946 Harley-Davidson “Spike”, 1915 Indian & 1934 Harley-Davidson “Amber Trophy”)
Hours: Show hours are: Friday 2/10 (Preview) 3-9pm and Saturday 2/11 10am-5pm. Tickets: Advanced ticket prices are $50 (Special 2-Day Fri/Sat), $40 Friday, $20 Saturday All Day, $10 Saturday Afternoon (1-5pm) and go on sale online in December (http://inspirationla.com).
About Inspiration 2012 & Rin Tanaka:
This is the third annual Inspiration Vintage, Fashion, Art & Kulture Show and the second year it has been held at Long Beach, CA’s premiere historic art deco destination, The Queen Mary. Rin Tanaka, a Japanese journalist, photographer, and publisher of the celebrated “My Freedamn” book series, produces the show. The 2-day event brings together art, fashion, culture and vintage enthusiasts from around the globe, as well as 100 international vendors and exhibitors offering unique and one-of-a-kind merchandise on exhibit and for sale—including American vintage apparel manufactured from the 1900s-1980s, vintage-inspired-to-contemporary fashions and accessories from boutique and corporate American and Japanese companies, plus artists and artisans. Tanaka was recently featured in the OC Weekly’s “Best Of” Issue this past October 2011.
Stay tuned for updates and more information here: http://inspirationla.com