KCET Pilot Show Lets Listeners Choose Unique Experience Gifts
2011-11-17 · By Editor
KCET, the nation’s largest independent public television station serving Southern and Central California, is pleased to present That Something Special! (working title) a unique new pilot series where viewers have the opportunity to choose special Southern California items and experiences as thank you gifts for their contributions to KCET. The first show airs November 19, 2011 at 8 p.m.
Hosted by popular TV personality Andrew Krasny, the new multi-platform giving experience showcases exclusive Southland items and experiences spanning travel, food, entertainment and culture available exclusively through KCET.
Experience Gifts and Adventures
The first show features the following fun and educational adventures that viewers can use on their own or give as unique gifts for the holidays.
- A tour of the high-end John Kelly chocolate store and factory in Hollywood, as well as a special selection of chocolates handpicked for our viewers.
- A special family holiday experience at The Nutcracker with Southern California’s own professional company, Los Angeles Ballet. Viewers will have the opportunity for a special meet and greet with Los Angeles Ballet dancers in their colorful Nutcracker costumes, and have exclusive VIP access to a dress rehearsal at either Royce Hall UCLA or Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center.
- A two-hour holiday walking tour of Art Deco architecture in Hollywood led by an expert from the Art Deco Historical Society.
- Admission to the Aquarium of the Pacific, including a cruise of the Los Angeles and/or Long Beach Ports.
“We continue to explore creative new ways to build support for the station,” said Bohdan Zachary, KCET’s vice president of Broadcasting & Program Development. “That Something Special! allows us to engage our audience in relevant and meaningful ways during the holiday season and beyond.”
All donations will go toward supporting KCET programming, operations and outreach efforts in the community.
Additional Airdates Include:
- November 19, 8 p.m.
- November 20, 5:30 p.m.
- November 24, 2 p.m.
- November 26, 12 p.m. (noon)
- November 27, 4 p.m.
About That Something Special!
That Something Special! (working title) is a new multi-platform giving experience designed to bring KCET viewers into their community with sponsor-donated adventures unique to Southern California. Viewers have the opportunity to receive these experiences as thank you gifts for their KCET contributions. The show will be hosted by Andrew Krasny and showcase items and experiences specially procured by KCET that appeal to the interests of our diverse audience, allowing them to support KCET while exploring their surrounding communities.
On-air, online and in the community, KCET plays a vital role in the cultural and educational enrichment of Southern and Central California. KCET currently produces the Emmy®, duPont-Columbia and Peabody Award-winning SoCal Connected, a hard-hitting prime-time weekly television news program that examines the issues and people of Southern California. Throughout its 47-year history, KCET has won hundreds of major awards for its local and regional news and public affairs programming, its national drama and documentary productions, its quality educational family and children’s programs, its outreach and community services and its website, kcet.org. KCET is a donor-supported community institution. More than half of the funds raised to support KCET’s operating budget come from individual support. For additional information about KCET productions, Web-exclusive content, programming schedules and community events, please visit kcet.org.