LB Awards More Than $50K in Prizes to Energy-Efficient Residents

share this:

energy efficient winnersOn Friday, the City of Long Beach announced the nine grand prize winners and nine runner-up prize winners of the City’s Energy Efficiency Opportunity Drawing. Winners were selected at random from the participants who entered the drawing.

““I would like to thank the participants and congratulate all of the winners of the energy efficiency opportunity drawing,”” said Mayor Bob Foster. “This is a great opportunity to showcase examples of energy efficiency in our community.”

Grand Prize Winner Runner Up Prize Winner
Cheryl Perry Nicole Arms
Roger Kavigan Karen Leabo
Frank Keiser Kim Armstrong
Lon Bubeck Wesley Garrison
Gloria Shormaker Abhay Maniar
Elizabeth Hayes Paul Sumbi
Cynthia Stafford Chuck Querido
Braxton Craghill John De La Torre
Ken Asbury Pengchun Uy

The top 20% of highest energy bills in each Council District were segregated and one Grand Prize winner in each Council District was selected at random from this pool of entries. The other 80% of energy bills in each Council District were segregated and one Runner-Up Prize Winner in each Council District was selected at random from this pool of entries.

Grand prize winners will receive $5,000 for a home energy efficiency makeover and runner-up prize winners receive $800 toward the selection of an energy-efficient appliance for their home.  A grand prize winner and runner up prize winner was selected in each of the nine Long Beach City Council Districts.

The Energy Efficiency Opportunity Drawing is a partnership between the City and Southern California Edison (SCE) and is designed to encourage Long Beach residents to save energy and money and to provide visibility and best practices for residential energy efficiency installations.

For more information, contact Meredith Reynolds, Sustainability Coordinator at 562.570.6396 or Meredith.Reynolds@longbeach.gov

Comments are closed.