Farm Life Camp Offers Kids a Hands-on Experience Over Winter Break
2012-11-30 · By Editor
Want to give your little city slicker an outdoor experience like no other? At Famr Life Camp, kids will participate in two days of fun-filled activities, while parents relax knowing their youngsters are in a safe, supervised environment. This fun camp from the Long Beach Parks, Recreation and Marine Department takes place December 20-21.
Farm Life Camp
Join this fun two-day camp! Visit and learn about different farm animals — enjoy homemade ice cream from cows that you milked yourself! Activities include basic horsemanship, safety and riding. Students should wear closed toed shoes and long jean type pants – and bring your bike helmet.
This two-day camp is for youth ages 3 to 12 (parent participation is required for 3-6 year olds), and is $80 per participant with a $15 material fee to be paid in class (cash only). The camp will take place Thursday, December 20, and Friday, December 21, from 9am to 1pm at Rancho del Rio Stables, 1370 S. Sanderson, Anaheim 92806.
There are five easy ways to register for Farm Life Camp through Long Beach Parks and Rec:
- Touch-Tone: Call (562) 570-3111
- On-line – Rec-Connect: Call (562) 570-3111 and get your password and be set up to register on line.
- Mail-In: to City of Long Beach, 2760 Studebaker Rd, Long Beach, CA 90815.
- Fax-In: to (562) 570-3113.
- Walk-In: Register at El Dorado Park Administration Building, 2760 Studebaker Road, Long Beach, CA 90815. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8am to 5pm. For more information, call (562) 570-3111.
For information on other Long Beach Department of Parks, Recreation and Marine programs, call (562) 570-3100 or visit http://www.longbeach.gov/park/.