LBT route changes and fare hikes in 2010
2009-11-19 · By Editor
Following the review of extensive public outreach, the Long Beach Transit Board of Directors approved changes to routes 61, 62, 63, 66 (Atlantic Avenue), 7 (Orange Avenue), 181/182 (Magnolia/Pacific Avenue) and Passports B & D.
“With over 29 million annual boarding customers, it’s important that Long Beach Transit take time to review the changing needs of our community. This rerouting will provide better overall service to our customers,” said Long Beach Transit Board Chair, Renee Simon.
All routes were approved as originally proposed, with the exception of Passport B, which will travel on 4th Street, but end at Nieto and Appian Way, instead of passing through Eliot Street and continuing on to CSULB. In order to address increased transit demand from CSULB students, faculty and staff, Long Beach Transit will add service along 7th Street as resources permit.
These changes, effective February 14, 2010 will work to improve transit transfers, access to downtown Long Beach and address changing demand in Long Beach. Detailed maps and locations of new stops can be found at www.lbtransit.com or by calling 562-591-2301.
In addition to service changes, Long Beach Transit’s second phase of a 2-step fare adjustment will take place Sunday, February 14, 2010. This fare adjustment, as approved by the Board of Directors in January 2009, will help to partially make up for cuts in state funding. Downtown Passport service will remain free. New fares are listed in the table below. L.A. County residents may qualify for rider relief fare discount coupons if their income meets the income criteria below. Individuals may contact Rosemary Campos at (562) 806-5400, Ext.135 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
LBT Fare Hike Goes into Effect Feb. 14, 2010
- Regular Cash from $1.10 to $1.25
- Day Pass from $3.50 to $4
- 5-Day Pass (New) from $16 to $18
- Monthly Pass from $60 to $65
- Student Monthly Pass from $35 to $40
- Passport (downtown service) free, no change
Discounted Fares (Student, Senior, Disabled & Medicare)
- Reduced Fare Cash from $0.50 to $0.60
- Reduced Fare Day Pass from $2 to $2.50
- Reduced Fare 5-Day Pass (New) from $8 to $9
- Reduced Fare Monthly Pass from $21 to $24
- Legally Blind, free, no change
- Wheelchair Passenger free, no change
- Dial-A-Lift Cash $2, no change