Long Beach wedding pros launch site featuring best of local services
2010-05-13 · By Editor
In a challenging economy a group of smart, young, local entrepreneurs have joined together to share their strengths and celebrate Long Beach as the wonderful wedding location it is with a beautiful new website. Just in time for the wedding season The Long Beach Wedding Collective has launched a charming, engaging locally-focused website to provide fresh, useful and stylish wedding resources as well as showcase Long Beach as a premiere wedding destination.
The Long Beach Wedding Collective is the brainchild of co-creators floral stylist Megan Gray of Honey and Poppies, and event planner and member of the LA/OC Board of Directors for the non-profit “Whish Upon a Wedding” Candice Maloney Bradley of De-Lovely Events, the group evolved over their frustration that a handful of large corporate wedding directories ranked the highest in various “Long Beach Weddings” online searches.
These impersonal sites claim to showcase Long Beach wedding locations and wedding talent and yet providing little, if any, locally-focused information. Unfortunately, this has meant that the Long Beach wedding industry has often lost out in getting its specific wedding information in front of prospective brides and grooms looking online for the best location and talent for their special day (and online is exactly where most look for wedding information these days).
Gray and Bradley decided to reach out and pool a collection of many of the most skilled and trend forward wedding professionals in the greater Long Beach area and The Long Beach Wedding Collective (LBWC) was born.
The new Long Beach Wedding Collective website includes the very latest trend and style advice illustrated with beautiful photography, money saving tips, a full list of local venues from the grand to the intimate, and profiles the collective’s group of talented individuals who provide everything from make up and hair, photography, event planning, floral arrangements, music, officiates, vow writers and more.
The LBWC has 17 members, the majority of whom live right here in Long Beach and many of whom have already garnered impressive kudos in the wedding press. The Wedding Collective members and just a few of their notable media mentions include:
- Megan Gray, Floral Design – GreenWeddingShoes.com
- Candice Maloney Bradley, Event Designer – UtterlyEngagedWedding.com
- Andrinique Davis, Event Planner – Bride and Bloom Magazine
- Amy Schoenbaum, Floral Design – LosAngelesStyleUnveiled.com
- KrisD Mauga, Photographer – Bridal Crate Magazine
- Charla Brummel, Photographer – Wedding Wire
- Isabel Gonzalez, Videographer
- Monica Majors, Custom Stationery – Nonpareil Magazine
- Yve Hart, Hair & Makeup – Egala.com
- Melody Brandon, Cake Designer – C Magazine Wedding
- Erica O’Brien, Cake Designer – The Knot Magazine
- Choura Event Catering, Caterer & Rentals – Special Events Magazine
- Loreen Saldana, Officiate – Long Beach Magazine
- Ryan Damron & John Raimondi, DJs & Lighting
- Nic Chafee, Live Music
- Eric Trine, DJ
- Sean Platt, Speech & Vow Writer
For more information, go to longbeachweddingcollective.com. The Long Beach Wedding Collective members differ in services and styles but are each exceptional at what they offer in quality, professionalism and service. This talented group is poised to bring Long Beach the recognition and attention it deserves as a notable wedding location.