LB Parks and Rec releases winter class schedule
2010-11-11 · By Editor
The Winter Recreation Connection class guide is available now at your local park community center or city library.
The Winter class schedule offers the chance to participate in art, music, nature, sports fitness and special interest classes — more than 400 classes in all.
In addition to the variety of general interest classes in Long Beach, adult sports leagues and aquatics programs are scheduled from December 2010 through February 2011.
These community classes provide opportunities for exercise and recreation, social interaction and learning, and growth and relaxation for ages pre-school to adults 50+. Here are some easy ways to join the fun:
- There’s lots of fun activities for the infant to toddler set. See the section with class for the Pre-school crowd.
- Youth and Teens can learn to build self esteem and confidence with music, art, dance, fashion modeling, martial arts, gymnastics, golf, bowling, tennis, and sailing.
- Older Adults stay alert and healthy when they engage in activities that challenge body and mind. Check out the Adult Sports Leagues and the Long Beach Senior Center among others!
- Develop career possibilities with computer classes. Prepare for international adventures with foreign language classes. Look in Language, Computers.
- Express your creative impulses with flower arranging, painting, photography, gift wrapping, journaling, and woodcarving. Turn to the Arts & Crafts page.
- Keep in shape, relieve stress and improve stamina and flexibility with Dance and Fitness classes.
The winter Long Beach Class Guide with new and ongoing classes and programs can be downloaded from the parks and rec website, www.lbparks.org. Print copies of the Class schedule are available at park community centers and city libraries. Upcoming issues will be published in February and May 2011.
Call the Reservations – Registration Office at (562) 570-3111 for information about Long Beach classes and programs. There are five ways to register:
- Call in by Touch Tone (562) 570-7171.*
- Log in at www.LBParks.org.*
- Mail in the registration form on page 39 of the Recreation Class Guide.
- FAX in the registration form to (562) 570-3113 and pay by VISA or MasterCard.
- Walk in to the Registration/Reservation Office at 2760 Studebaker Road. Office hours are M-F, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. The office will be closed on January 17 and February 21.
*Obtain an Account PIN and Client number in advance by calling (562) 570-3111.