Panelist Announced For Councilman Dee Andrews Hosted Long Beach Peace & Justice Summit
2011-10-25 · By Editor
Sixth District Councilman Dee Andrews, in conjunction with A New Way of Life Reentry Project and All of Us or None, announces the distinguished panelist for the Long Beach Community Peace & Justice Summit, with a focus on reentry, at 9:00 a.m. to 3:00pm, on Wednesday, October 26th, at the Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center, Seaside Ballroom, 300 East Ocean Blvd, Long Beach, CA.
The summit’s focal point is the California State release of thousands of low-risk offenders from the State prisons, which includes the City of Long Beach that is designated to receive a vast majority of these individuals. The event will work towards identifying and addressing the awaiting challenges of the community and the newly released prisoners. The summit includes distinguished action panel comprised of State and local elected officials, as well as other key community leaders that will hear suggested policy change and testimony from people who have been formerly incarcerated. The distinguished panelist includes:
- Assemblywoman Bonnie Lowenthal
- Assemblyman Tony Mendoza
- City of Long Beach Vice-Mayor Suja Lowenthal
- Long Beach City Councilman Dee Andrews
- City of Carson Mayor Jim Dear
- Long Beach Police Department Deputy Chief Robert Luna
- Naomi Rainey- President of the NAACP Long Beach Chapter
- Troy Vaughn-Director of Weingart Center Association
- Peter Lynn- Director of Los Angles Housing Authority Section 8
- Joy A. Rucker- Senior Program Manager for Corporation for Supportive Housing
- Reaver Bingham- Los Angeles County Probation Office
- Jessica Quintana- Centro C.H.A.
- Monica Stel- Director of the Harbor Area Halfway House
- Robert Alfaro- Los Angeles County Parole Administrator
This is a free event but you must pre-register on line at www.peaceandjustice2011.org. Free childcare and lunch will be provided. For information call the Office of Councilman Dee Andrews at (562) 570-6816.