Mark Bixby Public Celebration of Life Friday March 25th
2011-03-22 · By Editor
From Councilmember Gary DeLong – Recently, Theresa Bixby and her family suffered the devastating loss of Mark Bixby, their beloved husband and father. A public memorial is being planned to honor him. Below is a note from Theresa with details:
Our family is thankful to all of you who have sent well wishes and prayers since Mark’s passing. This coming Friday, March 25th, there will be a 10am public celebration of his life. It will be held at the base of the Long Beach peninsula at the U.S. Sailing Center and adjacent Alamitos Bay Beach.
- Parking will be available on Ocean Blvd. and at the Claremont and Granada lots with shuttle service to the Sailing Center.
- If you’re local, ride a bike or walk to save parking for those who may need to be closer.
- Prior to the service there will be a large cycling contingent making a memorial ride (8-9 timeframe and route TBD).
- Post service there will be a paddle out ceremony on the bay at approximately noon. BYO flotation device (surfboard, SUP, kayak, canoe, floaties?). You are free to leave it on the beach during the service.
- Because of an expected large crowd, we have no plans to provide food. So, eat breakfast, bring a lunch for the beach, etc. Feel free to hang and share stories.
- After the paddle out, Mark’s ashes will be scattered at sea near our father in a private family setting.
We have set up a website for friends and family to share stories and pictures of Mark. We will use this website as a collection point to create a lasting memorial for the best brother, husband, father, son, uncle, cousin, and friend one could ever have.