MTW opens Meet Me in St. Louis
2009-10-03 · By Editor
Musical Theatre West presents Meet Me in St. Louis with a previews on October 30. The classic musical opens October 31 and runs through November 15 at the Carpenter Performing Arts Center in Long Beach.
Meet Me in St. Louis is a rare treasure in musical theatre and is based on the heartwarming movie starring Judy Garland. This show harkens back to a simpler, sepia- tinted time telling the story of four sisters living in St. Louis at the time of the 1904 World’s Fair. As the story unfolds audiences see how their love and respect for each other is tempered with the genuine humor that can only be generated by such a close family.
This show is perfect for the entire family! This production with lavish costumes and Victorian sets also includes classic musical numbers, “The Boy Next Door”, “The Trolley Song”, “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” and “Under the Bamboo Tree”.
Meet Me in St. Louis performance dates and time are as follows:
- Friday, October 30 – 8:00 PM
- Saturday, October 31 – 8:00 PM – Gala Performance
- Sunday, November 1 – 2:00 PM
- Thursday, November 5 – 8:00 PM
- Friday, November 6 – 8:00 PM
- Saturday, November 7 – 2:00 PM
- Saturday, November 7 – 8:00 PM
- Sunday, November 8 – 2:00 PM
- Sunday, November 8 – 7:00PM
- Thursday, November 12 – 8:00 PM
- Friday, November 13 – 8:00 PM
- Saturday, November 14 – 2:00 PM
- Saturday, November 14 – 8:00 PM
- Sunday, November 15 – 2:00 PM
Ticket prices for Meet Me in St. Louis at the Carpenter Performing Arts Center range in price from $30 and $60 with special premium seating available ranging in price from $60 to $80 (first twelve rows center, subject to availability). Group discounts for parties of 15 or more are available by calling Michael in the Group Sales Department.
All tickets are available by calling the Box Office at 562-856-1999 x 224, or in person at the Box Office at 4350 E 7th Street, Long Beach (corner of Ximeno Avenue). Tickets are available online now at the MTW website, www.musical.org.