Reservations start now for New Year’s on the Queen Mary
2009-11-23 · By Editor
The holiday season is officially underway and the countdown to New Year’s Eve in Long Beach has begun. Revelers looking to make their party plans early can book reservations to enjoy the fireworks aboard the Queen Mary.
Partygoers in each salon will celebrate midnight in a blizzard of confetti before heading to the Verandah Deck for a spectacular fireworks display to light up Long Beach.
New Year’s Eve celebrations at the Queen Mary include five parties and a gigantic fireworks display for one low ticket price of $89 as well as deluxe dining and room packages to ensure a New Year’s Eve spent in style.
Jazz by vocalist Eddie Wakes, Latin-inspired entertainer Red Loquita, swing and dance classics from The Wise Guys Big Band Machine, dueling pianos, and live D.J. music will provide non-stop entertainment in five different venues on the ship.
The Queen Mary is offering four exclusive New Year’s Eve room packages, and each includes two tickets to the Queen Mary’s celebration, one night accommodation, party favors and dinner for two prepared by the ship’s award-winning culinary team overseen by newly-appointed Executive Chef Larry Banares.
- Chelsea package includes a four-course special New Year’s Eve dinner in the ship’s four-star seafood bistro for $308.98.
- Cruise to New Year package includes in-room champagne, a Queen Mary book and the Grand Gala Buffet for $449.
- Sir Winston’s Early Gala package includes a five-course prix fixe dinner starting at 6:30 p.m. in the Queen Mary’s renowned and newly renovated signature restaurant for $488.
- Sir Winston’s Late Gala package includes a seven-course prix fixe dinner beginning at 8:30 p.m. with sweeping views of the Long Beach skyline and the ship’s fireworks for $548.
Individual dining packages are also available and include a New Year’s Eve feast, a ticket to the ship’s celebration, and party favors.
- Grand Gala Dinner Buffet in the Grand Salon for $129.50.
- Five-course early seating at Sir Winston’s for $149.
- Seven-course late seating at Sir Winston’s for $179.50.
And if party-goers plan to attend without package deals, the Promenade Café will offer a buffet for guests at $29.99 and the four-course special menu at the Chelsea is available for $59.99. A late-night breakfast buffet will also be served in the Promenade Café from 12:30 to 2:30 a.m.
Advance reservations and payment are required for all accommodations packages. Tickets to the ship’s celebration are available to guests 21 and older. Parking is $15 per day. For more information, see www.queenmary.com or call (800) 437-2934. The Queen Mary is located at 1126 Queen’s Highway in Long Beach.