NRC Invites you to learn about Emergency Preparedness
2010-09-09 · By Editor
What is the City of Long Beach’s plan in case of a disaster?
How can you be prepared?
On Monday, September 13, 2010, the American Red Cross-Greater Long Beach Chapter and Casey Chel, Manager, Disaster Management Bureau, Long Beach Fire Department, will present an Emergency Preparedness workshop. The workshop will run from 6:00 pm. – 7:30 pm at the Neighborhood Resource Center 425 Atlantic Avenue, Long Beach, 90802.
- Learn how to create an Emergency Plan for your family
- Learn how to prepare a Disaster Supplies Kit and First Aid Kit
- Learn Emergency Preparedness Tips: Five Days of Self-Reliance
- Learn about the City’s Disaster Management Plan
- Learn about the City’s “‘Reverse 9-1-1” Emergency Notification System for Long Beach residents and businesses
RSVP to the Neighborhood Resource Center at (562) 570-1010 or email Scottie Hinkey at Sharron.Hinkey@longbeach.gov.
This FREE workshop is presented in English with Spanish and Khmer translation available.
Free parking behind the building and on surrounding streets.
Attendees are invited to bring canned food to donate to Food Finders to assist our Long Beach neighbors during the current economic crisis.
The City of Long Beach intends to provide reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. If a special accommodation is desired, please call Scottie Hinkey 48 hours prior to the event at (562) 570-1010.
This information is available in an alternate format on request by calling (562) 570-1010.