Onisko & Scholz Launch Website With Free Financial Calculators, Tips and Information
2009-05-29 · By Editor
Onisko & Scholz, LLP is excited to announce the launch of its new website. The new site is very user friendly and features tools for businesses and individuals and provides basic information for startups, small & medium sized businesses and individuals.
Some features include business strategies, tax strategies for business owners, individuals and more. The site is loaded with calculators. Some of them including tax and payroll, college saving, retirement and home mortgage.
The Onisko & Scholz Web site provides business strategies — from start, to growth, to exit plan. Learn how to start, run and eventually sell a successful business. Wondering which business entity to choose? Find out advantages of Incorporating and advantages of Limited Liability Companies. Do you already own a successful business? There is information on growing your business even more. Evaluate your market, price your products, learn how to ethically blow your competitors out of the water. Ready to sell? Onisko & Scholz online discusses your business succession and how to plan for it.
The new site also provides topics including tax planning for small business owners, maximizing the tax benefits of travel and entertainment and information on the home office deduction. Below is a helpful checklist of tax savings strategies that can be found on the Onisko & Scholz Web site.
- Avoid or Defer Income Recognition
- Max Out Your 401(k) or Similar Employer Plan
- If You Have Your Own Business, Set Up and Contribute to a Retirement Plan
- Contribute to an IRA
- Defer Bonuses or Other Earned Income
- Accelerate Capital Losses and Defer Capital Gains
- Watch Trading Activity In Your Portfolio
- Use the Gift-Tax Exclusion to Shift Income
- Invest in Treasury Securities
- Consider Tax-Exempt Municipals
- Give Appreciated Assets to Charity
- Keep Track of Mileage Driven for Business, Medical or Charitable Purposes
- Take Advantage of Your Employer’s Benefit Plans to Get an Effective Deduction for Items Such as Medical Expenses
- If Self-Employed, Take Advantage of Special Deductions
- If Self-Employed, Hire Your Child in the Business
- Take Out a Home-Equity Loan
- Bunch Your Itemized Deductions
In the calculator section of the website the 1040 calculator can be found. How much tax will you pay this year? Will you get a refund? Enter your filing status income, deductions and credits and the calculator will estimate your total taxes for the year.
Payroll deductions: Use this calculator to help you determine the impact of changing your payroll deductions. You can enter your current payroll information and deductions, and then compare them to your proposed deductions. Try changing your withholdings, filing status or retirement savings and let the payroll deduction calculator show you the impact on your take home pay.
College savings planner: Saving for your children’s education requires a long term plan. And like saving for retirement – the earlier you start your plan the better! Use this calculator to help develop and fine tune your education savings plan.
Onisko & Scholz is located at 5000 East Spring Street, Suite 200 in Long Beach. For additional information or to make an appointment call 562-420-3100 or visit Onisko & Scholz, LLP.