Pacific Gateway to Host Information Session on Independent Taxi Drivers Today
2011-04-18 · By Editor
Want to be your own boss? Like to drive? How about becoming independent taxi driver?
The Pacific Gateway Workforce Investment Network, as part of its efforts to provide opportunities for job seekers, is hosting an Information Session for people to learn what it takes to become an independent taxi driver. The session is today, Monday, April 18, 2011 at 9:00 am at 3447 Atlantic Ave., Long Beach, CA 90807.
The session is with Fiesta Taxi, which has current job openings and is a member of the Administrative Services Cooperative (ASC), whose other members are Los Angeles Yellow Cab Co., Long Beach Yellow Cab Co., South Bay Yellow Cab Co., and United Checker Cab Co. ASC has ongoing job openings, and is one of the largest taxicab cooperatives in the Western United States with nearly 1,200 late model sedans, mini vans and wheelchair-accessible vehicles serving Los Angeles County.
Prior registration in the Pacific Gateway Workforce Investment Network is required.
To register, please bring the following information to your first visit:
- State ID / Driver’s License AND Social Security Card
- OR School ID Card (with birth date) AND Social Security Card
- OR School ID Card (without birth date) AND Social Security Card AND birth certificate
- OR U.S. Passport AND any proof of Social Security Number (Social Security card, school printout).
- If applicable, bring unexpired Permanent Resident Card (Green Card).
For more information and registration for the Fiesta Taxi information session, please call Cort Huckabone at 562.570.4576.