Primal Alchemy Catering, Introducing Kids to the World of Cooking
2011-03-23 · By Editor
Primal Alchemy Catering introduces a new kid’s cooking class series. This new program will be held in the new Primal Alchemy kitchen 19 39th Place, Long Beach CA 90803, and begins next Monday, March 28, 2011.
All lessons are adapted for grade level instruction. Focus is on seasonal, organic, fresh ingredients.
- Knives: High School: 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th Grades
- Forks: Middle School: 6th, 7th and 8th Grades
- Spoons: Elementary School: 4th and 5th Grades
The First session will focus on:
- Week 1: Tools of the Trade – explore kitchen equipment/ tools, knife skills, safety and sanitation
- Week 2: Everything Edible – product identification and use (fruits, vegetables, grains, meats, herbs and seasonings
- Week 3: The Alchemy of Cooking – flame, heat, cold, mixing, how ingredients are transformed into sublime fare
- Week 4: Let’s Rock…Cooking! apply learned skills to create your own dishes with our without recipes
First Session $180
- Knives: Mondays, March 28, April 4, 11, 18: 6:00-8:00 PM
- Forks: Tuesdays, March 29, April 5, 12, 19: 4:00-6:00 PM
- Spoons: Mondays, March 28, April 4, 11, 18: 3:30-5:30 PM
The second session will be going into greater depth in technique/skill level; outline will be available during Session One.
Second Session $180
- Knives: Mondays, May 2, 9, 16, 23: 6:00-8:00 PM
- Forks: Tuesdays, May 3, 10, 17, 24: 4:00-6:00 PM
- Spoons: Mondays, May 2, 9, 16, 23: 3:30-5:30 PM
Graduation Dinner Celebration:
Completion of the two 4-week courses will earn your cook a Youth Chef Certificate from Primal Alchemy. Join us for this optional event where you will enjoy a gourmet dinner prepared by our graduating Junior Chefs at the end of Session Two. Tickets and details will be available during Session Two.
To enroll in the Youth Chef Certificate Program, send a check made out to Primal Alchemy Catering, mailing address 3819 East 7th Street, Long Beach CA 90804. Please include note with enrollee’s name, school, grade and contact information.
For additional questions call Chef Paul at 562-400-5659 or Dana Buchanan at 562-708-6998