Save Our Beach plans summer of traveling beach cleanups
2010-06-29 · By Editor
Want a free family project that includes a little bit of exercise and a whole lot of sunshine? How about a beach clean up event? Every Saturday through the end of summer Save Our Beach will host a clean-up event at one of Southern California’s public beaches.
The organization will provide parking, reusable garbage bags (made from recycled water bottles!), a trash dumpster, community service certificates for those that need it, hand sanitizer and baby wipes for when the job is done.
Volunteers are asked to bring a light jacket, sunscreen, work gloves, rash grabbers and reusable water bottles — so as not to create more trash.
Save Our Beach has set-up a Saturday summer cleanup schedule that will travel from beach to beach. See the complete clean-up list below. For more information about the beach clean-ups visit Save Our Beach website.
July Beach Clean-ups
- July 3 at 90 Termino Avenue, Long Beach from 9 to Noon
- July 9 at 10 Pacific Coast Hwy, Seal Beach (wetlands) from 9 to 11
- July 10 at Beach Blvd & PCH., Huntington Beach
- July 11 at Bolsa Chica State Beach from 10 to Noon
- July 17 at 15 1st Street, Seal Beach from 9 to Noon
August Beach Clean-ups
- Aug 7 at 90 Termino Avenue, Long Beach from 9 to Noon
- Aug 13 at 10 Pacific Coast Hwy, Seal Beach (wetlands) from 9 to 11
- Aug 14 at Beach Blvd & PCH., Huntington Beach
- Aug 15 at Bolsa Chica State Beach from 10 to Noon
- Aug 21 at 15 1st Street, Seal Beach from 9 to Noon
Free yoga from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.