Schipske, OCTA to host meeting on West County Connectors Project
2009-10-22 · By Editor
Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske and the Orange County Transportation Authority will host a public meeting to discuss the West County Connectors Project and the impacts to the Long Beach area.
Beginning in early 2010 the Orange County Transportation Authority will begin construction on the West County Connectors Project, which will connect carpool lanes on the San Diego Freeway (I-405), San Gabriel Freeway (I-605) and the Garden Grove Freeway (SR-22).
As part of construction, the 7th Street connector bridge will be closed for approximately one year. Upon completion the West County Connectors Project will:
- Construct two direct HOV connectors
- Add a second HOV lane in each direction on the I-405 between the SR-22 and the I-605
- Eliminate the need for HOV users to weave across general purpose lanes to switch to and from HOV lanes
- Reconstruct on- and off-ramps
- Construct soundwalls and retaining walls at various locations
- Add landscaping and enhance aesthetic elements
Come to the meeting in the 5th District and meet with Councilmember Gerrie Schipske and representatives from OCTA who will be on hand to discuss the project and answers questions from the audience.
This is a great opportunity to find out more about the project and possible construction impacts in your neighborhood. For more information about the meeting contact the Office of Councilwoman Gerrie Schipske at 562-570-3102 and for more information on the West County Connectors Project, visit www.octa.net/westcounty.
The Informational Meeting on the West County Connectors Project will take place Thursday, November 5, 6:30 p.m. at the El Dorado Community Center, 2800 N. Studebaker Road in Long Beach.