Sea Festival Kick-off Extravaganza at Marina Green Park, June 1
2013-05-29 · By Editor
For 82 years, Long Beach residents have flocked to the local shoreline each summer to sail, build sand castles, fish, and watch exciting boat races, all part of the Long Beach Sea Festival. This three-month series of aquatic-themed events, conducted by Long Beach Parks, Recreation and Marine, offers unique and memorable fun for the entire family.
“The Long Beach Sea Festival features dozens of events for the entire family that highlight our beautiful beaches, waterways and aquatic facilities,” Mayor Bob Foster said.
This year, the Sea Festival Kick-off Extravaganza will get the fun started on Saturday, June 1 from 1-7 pm at Marina Green Park, 386 E. Shoreline Drive. Admission is free.
The event features a variety of food trucks, family and children’s activities, team strength events, and hula dance lessons. The entertainment includes a concert by the 80s music cover band, Knyght Rider, and a screening of the movie “Finding Nemo” at sunset. There is truly something for everyone. For more information call 562.570.3204.
Some of the great Sea Festival events scheduled this summer include:
- Movies on the Beach, June 22 – August 27, Granada & Mothers Beach
- Pirate Invasion, June 29 and 30, Belmont Veterans Memorial Pier
- 4th of July Celebration, July 4, Belmont Veterans Memorial Pier
- Catalina Ski Race, July 20, South Shore Launch Ramp
- Dragon Boat Races, July 27 and 28, Marine Stadium
- Kids Fishing Rodeo, August 2, Belmont Veterans Memorial Pier
- Lucas Oil Long Beach Sprint Nationals, August 3 and 4, Marine Stadium
- Great Sand Sculpture Contest, August 10 and 11, Granada Beach
- Tiki Beach Festival, August 24 and 25, Granada Beach
- Long Beach Lobster Fest, September 6 – 8, Rainbow Lagoon
The Long Beach Sea Festival is made possible by Long Beach Parks, Recreation and Marine with sponsorships from the Long Beach Environmental Services Bureau, Port of Long Beach, Long Beach Gas & Oil, the Long Beach Airport, Bellingham Marine, Anchor QEA and the Long Beach Water Department.
For a complete schedule of Sea Festival events, visit www.lbseafest.com. Sea Festival is also a part of the City’s 100 Days of Summer. More information about 100 Days of Summer and other fun events throughout Long Beach can be found at www.100DaysOfSummer.org.