Audition Notice – LB Shakespeare Company Seeks Child Actors For “A Christmas Carol”
2010-10-08 · By Editor
The Company is seeking child actors. No appointment is necessary, audition dates and times are listed below. Please familiarize yourself with all of the requirements prior to arrival at audition.
- Audition Dates: October 19 & 20
- Audition Times: Between 4pm and 7pm both days
- Bring: Snap shot of child and any “resume” (acting and performance experience)
- What: Child will sing a Christmas Carol/Song (they know) and will be asked to read some lines from the script
- Where: Expo Backroom Theatre 4321 Atlantic Ave.Long Beach, CA 90807
- How: You can bring your child anytime on either day between those hours listed. You will look over all of the dates and see if there are any conflicts.
You will fill out paperwork with contact information, etc…
If your child is cast as an actor in the show; you should know:
- This is a big commitment up till December 19th.
- Child actors will be multi cast (i.e.: two Tiny Tim’s) so each character will not be used at every performance.
- The Kids’ Chorus is used in every show…they are not only a part of the show but they assist with transitions of set/props/etc.
- It is a mix of 40 actors — half Professional Adult Actors and half child actors.
- It is a large scale production that you will be happy your child participated in. He/she will have wonderful memories from A Christmas Carol for years to come.
Please no phone calls; just show up at the audition. For more information visit the Long Beach Shakespeare Company website.