Solar Summer Tour Makes a Stop at Long Beach Jazz Festival
2014-07-31 · By Editor
Southern California Gas Co. (SoCalGas) recently kicked off its “Solar Summer Tour” and is in the process of shining the light on its first-ever, fully functional solar water-heated mobile unit. The unit is visiting 22 locations throughout Southern California this summer. Customers can tour the unit for free at one of its many stops throughout the end of August.
The colorful, interactive unit highlights the journey from the sun to the water heater and the benefits of installing a solar water heating unit on residential or commercial properties. SoCalGas customers can also register to win an installation of a residential solar water heating unit. Heating water with solar technology can provide customers with hot water to do laundry, wash dishes and take showers.
Everyone who tours the unit can find out how:
- Homeowners can receive rebates of more than $2,700 and see long-term savings in their natural gas bills.
- Property owners can see savings of up to $500,000 if they install solar thermal units on their properties.
- Solar water heating technology reduces energy, lowers costs and minimizes greenhouse gas emissions.
- To find a contractor to install the unit or how to do it themselves.
Visitors can check out the solar water-heated mobile unit at any of these upcoming stops:
- August 2 and 3 – Ventura Fair
- August 9 and 10 – Long Beach Jazz Festival
- August 16 – The Promenade at Westlake
- August 17 – Irvine Spectrum
- August 20 – Pershing Square in Downtown Los Angeles
- August 29 and 31 — Orange International Street Fair
To learn more, go to solarwaterheating101.com