Stroke Awareness Workshop & Screening
2009-04-24 · By Editor
Are You at Risk for Stroke? Get more information by attending the Stroke Awareness Workshop and Screening at St. Mary Health Medical Center, 1055 Linden Avenue, Long Beach, 90813, next Thursday, April 30.
For reservations call 888-378-6279. The event is co-sponsored by St. Mary Senior Services, HealthCare Partners, Health Net and St. Mary Medical Center.
- The incidence of stroke is higher for males than for females
- People with diabetes are at increased risk for stroke
- Stroke among African Americans is almost double that of white Americans
- Every 45 seconds someone in the U.S. will experience a stroke
Stay Healthy by Learning How to Reduce Your Risk!
Date: Thursday, April 30, 2009
Time: 9:30 a.m. Doors Open/Registration (number for screening issued at registration.)
10:00 a.m. Free Lectures include:
- “Brain Attack” Early Warning Signs & Prevention, Herbert Gulak, M.D.
- “Medication Do’s & Don’ts” — Sam Sedrak, Pharm.D. SMMC
- On the Move” — Guide to Rehabilitation, Lindsay Dubuque, SMMC Rehab
12:00 p.m. Complimentary Lunch (provided by SMMC)
12:00 to 3:00 p.m. (approximate end time)
FREE STROKE SCREENING – ultrasound of carotid artery & blood pressure screening
FREE Educational Materials – provided by the Stroke Association of Southern California