Stumped about solar energy? SCE offers free information session
2009-07-15 · By Editor
Southern California Edison (SCE) will help Long Beach residential customers “follow the sun” with a special free informative solar energy session on the California Solar Initiative (CSI) program and the incentives it offers to homeowners who decide to “go solar.”
The solar energy session, co-hosted by the City of Long Beach, will be from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Thursday, July 23 at the Queen Mary Hotel aboard the Queen Mary, 1126 Queens Highway, Long Beach.
“We are thrilled about partnering with our Long Beach customers to help them make informed, intelligent decisions about going solar,” said Gary Barsley, manager of SCE’s solar initiative program. “With the support of the City of Long Beach, there are even more resources to help people generate their own clean, renewable power.”
At the solar energy information session, customers will learn about:
- solar energy basics
- Benefits of installing a solar energy system
- Tax credits and other financial models that can help reduce upfront costs
- Financial incentives available through the CSI program
Why “go solar”?
- Solar energy harnesses the power of the sun to help lower your electric bill.
- Solar tax credits and green energy incentives can help lower out-of-pocket costs and maximize your investment.
- Solar installations can increase your property’s value.
- solar energy improves air quality by generating clean, green electricity free from harmful emissions, and it helps ease demand on the power grid.
The session is free but requires registration because space is limited. Walk-ins will be accommodated only if space is available. There is a parking fee of $3. To register or learn more, visit www.sce.com/csi or call (866) 970-9221.