The Plants are Hungry at FOLBA Benefit for the Animals
2013-05-09 · By Editor
Join Friends of Long Beach Animals (FOLBA) for an entertaining musical evening on June 6, 2013 featuring the wonderfully way-out musical Little Shop of Horrors, written by Howard Ashman, scored by Alan Menken, and based on the 1960 B-Movie of the same name.
The 19th annual Benefit for the Animals at the Long Beach Playhouse begins at 6:30 p.m. with a reception featuring a delicious selection of finger foods, with coffee and cookies at intermission, and tuneful pre-musical music by favorite pianist, Ralph Brunson. Guests will have time to socialize with fellow animal lovers and browse and bid on silent auction items. Raffle tickets will also be on sale.
At 7:30, Press-Telegram scribe emeritus Tom Hennessy will be honored as the Hero to Animals 2013. Then, look out, look out, look out, look out! Here comes Audrey II along with the Little Shop of Horrors cast of real characters to tell a funny, offbeat tale and sing some of the catchiest songs to have ever graced a stage on or off Broadway. Keep the dogs and cats inside, and remember: Don’t feed the plants!
Tickets are $25 and are available at the following locations:
- Bixby Animal Clinic 3938 Atlantic Ave 426-4066
- Belmont LaunderPet 3429 E. Broadway 433-3605
- Bixby Knolls LaunderPet 4102 Orange Ave. 427-2551
- Go Dogs Go (open Tues/Sat) 3440 N. Los Coyotes Diag. 421-9797
- Wags to Whiskers 5505 E. Stearns 430-5161
- Blue Cross Dog/Cat Hospital 2665 E.PCH, Signal Hill 494-0975
- Ark Pet Salon, 550 Pacific Coast Highway, Seal Beach, 430-5057
For further information or to purchase tickets, contact info@FriendsofLongBeachAnimals.0rg or call (562) 988-SNIP (7647).