Voucher program will help spay, neuter 200 pets in Long Beach
2009-08-24 · By Editor
The City of Long Beach Animal Care Services and Justin Rudd’s Haute Dogs network are joining forces to get 200 Long Beach dogs fixed before the end of October in the Haute Dog Fix canine spay and neuter voucher program. This program will provide one $100 canine spay and neuter vouchers to the first 200 Long Beach residents who get their dogs fixed at a participating local veterinary clinic.
“This incentive plan provides an immediate savings of $170 for those residents willing to get their dog fixed before October 31, 2009,” said Justin Rudd, Founder of the Community Action Team (CAT) and Haute Dogs network. Residents will not only receive $100 discounted from the cost of the spay and neuter procedure but also, their annual dog license renewal will fall from $90 to $20 per year; a savings of $70 annually.”
Funds for the program were raised at the annual Bulldog Beauty Contest and Haute Dog Howl’oween Parade.
Vouchers are only good at local veterinary clinics participating in the program. Availability and pricing will vary. Residents must first secure a voucher by contacting Animal Care Services and call ahead for pricing and appointment information. The following local veterinary hospitals and clinics have agreed to participate in the program:
- Ambassador Dog & Cat Hospital, 2251 E. Carson Street, Long Beach, 562-427-2889
- Belmont Heights Animal Hospital, 255 Redondo Avenue, Long Beach, 562-439-6871
- Belmont Shore Animal Hospital, 6222 E. Pacific Coast Highway, Long Beach, 562-961-0028
- Bixby Animal Clinic, 3938 Atlantic Avenue, Long Beach, 562-426-4066
- Clinico, 9325 Slauson Avenue, Pico Rivera, 90660, 1-888-WE-SPAY-LA
- Clinico, 957 N. Gaffey Street, San Pedro, CA 90731, 1-888-WE-SPAY-LA
- Golden State Humane Society, 555 E. Artesia Blvd, Long Beach, 562-423-8406
- Mercy Animal Medical Center, 2141 E. Market Street, Long Beach, CA, 90505, 562-423-5458
- Parkview Pet Hospital, 4103 Viking Way, Suite A, Long Beach, 562-425-8140
- VCA Lakewood Animal Hospital, 10701 South Street, Cerritos, CA 90703, 562-926-3600
To receive a voucher, dog owners must be Long Beach residents and show proof of residence. Here’s how to get a voucher:
In person: Animal Care Services (at the spcaLA Companion Animal Village) at 7700 E. Spring Street, Long Beach, CA 90815 (must show proof of residence)
By Mail: Please call (562) 570-PETS (7387). The voucher will be mailed only to the address of record. The veterinary hospital will require proof of identification before accepting the voucher.
In the Field: Animal Control Officers may also distribute vouchers as needed. Proof of City residence must be provided.
The Village is open to the public Wednesday through Friday, from 10:00 am to 5:30 pm, and Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. The Village is closed on Monday, Tuesday and all holidays. A full listing of Frequently Asked Questions and Answers regarding this program is posted online at www.longbeach.gov/acs.