Warehouse catches fire while crews repair duct work

share this:

On Tuesday morning at 8:45 a.m., passerby called the Long Beach Fire Department dispatch center to report of a structure fire in the area of the 710 freeway and Victoria Street.

The first truck on the scene reported heavy fire coming from the roof of the warehouse located in the 3100 block of Ana Street. The fire was burning in Los Angeles County Fire Department’s area, who also sent a first-alarm team to battle the blaze.

The fire appeared to be on the roof only and firefighters joined forces to extinguish the fire. Crews began to cut the duct work on the underside of the roof, since the inside of the building was clear of smoke and fire. The LACOFD worked with the Long Beach, to stop the fire from spreading and prevent any injuries to civilians or rescue crews.

The building used to be a textile manufacture and was in the process of being renovated to become some type of storage warehouse. Repair crews were working on the air conditioning duct work, when the built up grease inside duct work caught on fire. Approximately 20 people were in the building when the call to 911 was made. No one was injured.

Comments are closed.